STEP 1 - Measure your feet
You need –
· A tape measure or piece of string and ruler
· 2 pieces of paper slightly larger than you foot
· A slim pen or pencil (no ergonomic padding etc.)
· Wear the type of socks you will wear with you new Tai Chi shoes
FOR UNUSUAL FEET
If there is something unusual about your foot/feet please make comment on the form where you enter your measurements.
IF YOU WEAR AN ORTHOTIC
We have had great success fitting shoes for people that wear orthotics. Generally the best thing to do is measure with the orthotic (so the tape measure goes around your foot and the orthotic as well).
· For all measurement, you MUST be standing with your weight evenly balanced between both feet.
· You must measure both feet.
· Please take care because if you do not measure properly your shoes will not fit.
· Metric - measure to the mm (not to the closest cm) Imperial – measure to the 1/8”
TAKING THE MEASUREMENTS REQUIRED
Stand on a piece of paper and draw around the top of your toes and around your heel. The pen or pencil that you use to measure MUST BE at a straight up and down angle (i.e. perpendicular / 90 degrees to the floor).
Next, measure the longest point on the page, from the big toe (or longest toe) to the heel and record that measurement on the piece of paper.
If you have a toe longer than your big toe please let us know (in the comment box on form below, we can widen the toe box).
With the zero end of the tape measure facing upwards take the tape across, under and back around the other side of the foot at the widest point. You will be standing on the tape measure with your weight evenly balanced as it forms a circle around your foot.
Measure the full circumference of your foot (i.e. where the toes join the foot). This means measuring from the bunion joint on the big toe around the widest part of the foot encompassing the joint where the small toe joins the foot.
With the zero end of the tape measure facing upwards take the tape across, under and back around the other side of the foot around the arch in the position where you would tie laces. You will be standing on the tape measure with your weight evenly balanced as it forms a circle around your foot.
Measure the full circumference of your foot around the arch.
Repeat for the other foot.
STEP 2 - Complete the form below and press submit
STEP 3 - Select the shoes and proceed through our checkout